4.28.2010

notice of a new start

There are so many things that I love. Sadly, my job is not one of them. So today I finally did something about it; I gave my notice. And I can't remember the last time I felt so good.


I am a corporate lawyer in "biglaw", at least for thirteen more days. I have spent three years at my firm, and now it is time to move on.



My husband and I will move to Vermont (from Chicago) in the next year or so. His parents live there, we got married there, and during the summer of our wedding my parents became so entranced with the state that they bought a place there as well. And with siblings in New York and D.C., it's time to move to the east coast. Aside from proximity to family, we simply love it in Vermont. The people, lakes, mountains, skiing, hiking, and everything outdoors = bliss.



Before the move I have to get some things in order, hence needing to leave my job. First matter of business: take the Vermont bar exam. Second: complete the internship required to become licensed in Vermont. On May 27th, I will start my second BARBRI class and embark on the road towards Vermont.


So now, with all of you, I begin my ascent out of corporate law into happiness. Follow me while I settle in on my journey, and find ways to love life again - through baking, sewing, travelling, camping, cake decorating, and living and loving my husband, friends, family and little fluffball of a dog.



Thanks for coming along.

11 comments:

  1. Good luck in Vermont Brooke. You guys will be missed. Stacey and I are heading out that way this summer. Maybe you have some ideas for us for activities? Good luck with the blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Horray, Brooke! Love the blog and LOVE that you and Adam are making your dreams a reality. I am so happy for you and can't wait to see where this journey leads you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hoorah! three cheers for happiness!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful, smart, talented, and a great writer too!! I'm so happy for your new start and honored to be the first to post a comment on your brand new blog! May this be the beginning of an exciting and fulfilling adventure for you and Adam. Love to you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm excited about all your steps on this path to happiness! I can't wait to read every word on your blog.
    Of course Chicago will really miss you, but Vermont sounds like a great place for your Chicago friends to visit.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Vermont needs you! Can't wait.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good for you Brooke - what an exciting time for you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW, You go girl! Realize those dreams!! Thanks for sharing your blog. I can't wait to follow you along this exciting journey. Wishing you and Adam all the best! Missing you already! xox

    ReplyDelete
  9. brookie you are my hero! so so so happy for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So happy for you, though we will miss you in Chicago. With our baby on the way, having family around is important - having family and friends are part of what ties us here, plus we love Chicago. Though the downside is definitely the lack of mountains, hiking, and skiing, as you said. So we try hard to do those things on vacation, and we will be sure to visit you for a outdoor adventure extravaganza, with baby in tow!

    ReplyDelete